The AWP Conference & Bookfair is the annual destination for writers, teachers, students, editors, and publishers of contemporary creative writing. It includes thousands of attendees, hundreds of events and bookfair exhibitors, and four days of essential literary conversation and celebration. The AWP Conference & Bookfair has always been a place of connection, reunion, and joy, and we are excited to see the writing community come together again in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 2022.
2022 AWP Conference & Bookfair
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Pennsylvania Convention Center March 23–26, 2022
In light of the tremendous success of the virtual 2021 AWP Conference & Bookfair, AWP will incorporate a virtual component to #AWP22. In addition to offering an in-person event schedule in Philadelphia from March 23-26, 2022, we will live-stream several in-person events and offer a selection of prerecorded virtual events.
A virtual-only registration will be available for #AWP22 at a reduced registration rate and will include the prerecorded virtual events and live-streamed events. The in-person registration will include all in-person and virtual programming.
Recent #AWP22 Updates
- May 25, 2021: Health & Safety Updates for #AWP22 Philadelphia
- August 10, 2021: Health & Safety Updates for #AWP22 Philadelphia
- September 15, 2021: #AWP22 Health & Safety Policy
- December 15, 2021: Update to #AWP22 Health & Safety Policy
- October 14: early-bird registration opens
- October 20: deadline to confirm #AWP22 events
- October 20: deadline for additional scheduling and A/V requests
- October 25: hotel and travel information available for registered attendees
- January 28, 2022: deadline for event outline uploads
- January 31, 2022: early-bird registration ends
- February 1, 2022: preregistration begins
- March 9, 2022: deadline for accessibility requests
- March 23–26, 2022: #AWP22 in Philadelphia, PA
Thinking of attending #AWP22?
- Check out the updated #AWP22 FAQs for more conference information.
- For questions about attending the conference, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.